lkj

10 January 2014

Around here #1


Hot Chocolate

My first full week back at work felt long, but also kind of good. When I first started it really bothered me that I wasn't doing something that used my degree, but I enjoy it - and there's a lot to be said for not dreading going to work when you get up in the morning.  Not a huge fan of driving to and from work with my lights on, but I am a fan of watching the sun set from my desk so that's a bonus. On clearer days the sunsets have been pretty spectacular recently,  so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get out with my camera this weekend.

A lot of hot chocolate has been drunk just recently, its just the right weather for it, you know? There's nothing quite like curling up in bed with a good book and a giant mug of hot chocolate. Its the simple things. I'm also loving Redbush tea at the minute, so much so that I can't even remember the last time I had a 'proper' cup of tea. Tragic really.

Plans for this weekend include picking my camera up, a couple of long walks with Zak and an attempt at making banana bread (anyone know a good recipe?).

I'm also listen to this song about a million times because I'm a tin bit obsessed and I think its hauntingly beautiful.


3 comments:

  1. I see from Instagram the banana bread was a success! I hope you have a fantastic weekend and get some great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely the right weather for hot chocolate! I've been drinking so much of it too :) xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate is the one thing that I could not live without! I've actually just uploaded a post of a recipe of how to make banana bread if you want to check it out??

    Mon Petit Billet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...