lkj

27 January 2014

a hello to writing

Journal

Lately I've been thinking a lot about what it means for me to truly 'thrive'. What do I need? Or more importantly, what don't I need. What are the things that leave me feeling energised and inspired? When am I happiest? How can I shape my life so I that I am the best version of me that I can be? These seem like big questions to answer, and I suppose in many ways they are. But big questions don't necessarily need big answers, or complicated answers. Its often the little things, the simple things.

Like writing. It doesn't have to be complicated, or deep, or particularly meaningful - or even make any sense. Its just something I've always enjoyed.  I was a story writing child, a (mostly depressing) teenage poet, an embarrassingly bad songwriter. I'm a sporadic journal writer, an obsessive list maker,  and for most of my university life I was a semi-regular blogger. Lately I've found myself completely out of the habit, and its a little bit sad that life has got in the way of something that's always been an outlet for me.

But the wonderful thing about habits is the way you can get back into good ones, and break out of the bad ones. So I'm saying hello again to writing. And hello to any of you who have stuck around, I appreciate it, I really do.

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya sister. I felt the same at the end of last year but I try to write my journal every two days, just to get it out of me.

    I also wrote a great story when I was in primary school about a magic doughnut that took me on a trip to a bed store.

    I think that says pretty much all about the power of writing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! i've found that when it comes to writing, it's best to not guilt yourself into it, because it feels best when it flows organically. don't guilt yourself into being profound. you are so right, that it can be anything. it should be anything! and it doesn't always have to be good, it just has to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this - you're so right, it just isn't the same if you try to force words out.

      Delete
  3. i've been trying to get back in the routine of keeping a journal....it's harder than i thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...