lkj

03 March 2013

Saturday snapshot

 photo Lazymornings.jpg

8am - Tea & blogs in bed. 

 photo Crochetflowers.jpg

9am - Crocheting flowers & watching the news

 photo Openwindows.jpg

10am - Having the window wide open while I cleaned my room. Finally letting some warm(ish) fresh air into the house was so good.

 photo Saturdaybrunch.jpg

11am - I'm a huge fan of brunch. Fun fact... I eat eggs for breakfast pretty much every single day. 
I love them. 

 photo Pastelyarn.jpg

12pm - Trying to sort out colours for a blanket I've accidently started making...

 photo Water.jpg

1pm - This was my view from my exhausted heap on the floor after I finished working out. 
Jillian Michaels is a killer!

 photo NationalGeographic.jpg

2pm - Tea & last months National Geographic. Mum brought it up with her last weekend and I've been holding on to it until I have time to read it properly!

 photo Washingline.jpg

3pm - Hanging washing out, makes a change to be able to dry things outside! 

 photo Afternoonreading.jpg

4pm - More National Geographic. Its the only magazine I buy and I love it.

 photo Sunsetsilhouette.jpg

5pm - Went for a wander right around golden hour & this was one of my favourites

It was a pretty chilled out Saturday, but one I really needed. I haven't felt 100% this week and taking some time 'off' was really good for me. I did do a couple of hours of Uni work in the evening, but quickly got distracted by Photoshop & my kindle. I've just started reading "The Old Man and the Sea" by Hemingway and I'm really enjoying it so far. 
I've never (successfully) done a 'photo an hour' before. Its quite difficult to (a) remember and (b) photograph whatever you happen to be doing at that time in a way that makes it look vaguely interesting. I'm making a big effort to push myself with photography at the moment so you might be seeing a couple more of these around! It sounds daft, but I really do find that it helps to try and photograph things that aren't typically photogenic - I think it gives you a better eye for what works and what doesn't, regardless of the subject. 

How was your weekend? Have you ever tried to do a photo an hour? Let me know! 

9 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, and I love the hour-by-hour snapshots! I think there's a lot to be said for pushing yourself to do something a little different... it's something I know I need to do more but staying in the rut can be the easier option by far.

    Good luck on the crochet blanket- I've been learning to knit this year and the feeling when you don't have to constantly check what your hands are up to is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same plates.. and i love eggs for breakfast. Poached is my current favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great idea. I may give it a go one day to see if I can remember!

    I like seeing a glimpse of what people get up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea and it looks like you had a pretty awesome day :) and the photographs are wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are gorgeous, wonderful work, very inspiring! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fantastic idea, might have to steal it hehe. Although I tried to do a photo of the day and I kept forgetting so not sure I will remember every hour. Great challenge though and, like you said, a great push for photography skills. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I absolutely love that mug in the top picture! So adorable!

    Secondly, I love your blog! You have great style, and such amazing pictures! Happy to be a new GFC follower :)

    fabulousordinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. mm i think brunch is by far my favorite meal! yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also eat eggs for breakfast almost every single morning! Protein buddies, woo!

    Yeah I just said that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...