lkj

12 December 2012

i love winter

I love the warmth of summer, the long days & constant sunshine.

But I was walking home from the library last night. It was just before 9 & bitterly cold. There was such a heavy frost that everything was sparkling - like the whole city had been covered in glitter. When I got to the top of the hill, I crossed the road to look down into the valley and it was all I could see. Sparkling, glittery frost lit up by streetlights. It was so cold that the air was frosty. So simple, but absolutely breathtaking. Summer may be warm, but winter is full of magic & that's just as good in my opinion.

Lightfalls
here

7 comments:

  1. Winter is so much better than any other season. Wrapping up warm. Hot food and drink. Christmas. Cheesy jumpers. Cosy nights in. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, I love how the world is sparkling at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever winter starts to bum me out I'm going to come back here and read this post. You just made winter the most magical time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever winter starts to bum me out I'm going to come back here and read this post. You just made winter the most magical time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever winter starts to bum me out I'm going to come back here and read this post. You just made winter the most magical time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're winter soulmates. But I'm sure you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, what a great thoughtful little post! I need to try to appreciate winter a little more. :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...