lkj

27 October 2012

a winter photography challenge

here
diamonds
here
of fog, and of a certain type of people
here
Lately I haven't picked my camera up that much, I have a bit of a fear that I'm a little bit of a fair weather photographer. Rain, fog, wet leaves on the ground and gloomy grey days just don't inspire me in the same way that summer does. When I look at these images though, I love them. So maybe I just need to work a bit harder at coming up with more creative ways to shoot things - push myself a little bit. Isn't that what being an artist is all about?

So starting from today, I'm aiming for a photo a day to document my winter - in all its thick socks, hot tea & sofa blankets glory. Even weeks like last week, where the fog didn't lift for 5 days & it rained non-stop. Even when all I do all day is Uni work & sleep. Even the days where I don't even do that. I'm making it a challenge and I'm excited, and that's always a good way to start off. If you want to join me, I would love to see what you're creating - send me a link!

Do any of you find that your creativity suffers in the winter? What do you do about it? 

11 comments:

  1. Do you have Instagram? Because that's a good, quick way to post daily photos.

    If not, I expect to see every single photo you take make an appearance on this blog! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hit the same slump. I've decided to carry my camera outside of my bag, as most of time I don't take a photo because I can't be bothered rummage.
    I've just been busy and gotten so lazy with it. =/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea. The weather now is so bad that I even don't want outside. I wish you the best in your challenge;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely relate, but inspiration hits in the smallest of details! I often find that my favorite photos are those I've taken without an initial intention to.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a lot of photographic encounter lately and it is so exciting! but same here as i love to give myself some challenges when i'm stuck - they just keep the thing running!


    Natasha
    {the Picablocks}

    ReplyDelete
  7. always keep your beautiful imagination and exquisite humor xx
    http://faddicshion.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work! All your photos are pretty much amazing, wish I was that good. And by the way, Cecelia Ahern's books are the best! P.S. I love you made me laugh and cry at the same time.. unforgettable.
    Lovely blog!
    x
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find I'm more inspired to write in the winter but take photos in the summer. Go figure.

    I like the idea of your challenge though! I'm totally on board.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just found your blog and was scrolling down the page with the only thought in my head: "I love finding blogs with really good photography!". I love your blog. That very first picture from a roof top made me fall in love immediately :-)

    Yes, talking about winter it is so true! My creativity suffers from cold, short and dark days. Seriously, we had this conversation yesterday with my husband: when he gets off work at 5pm it is black dark on the streets! In summer we'd meet at 5pm, grab our cameras and go on adventures! Now it's books-dinner-Netflix time in the evenings.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...